Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Dream Scared the Duty Out of Me!

Last night was no different than the night before.  I chatted with some residents at the front desk, came back to watch some television and prepared for bed.  I was not thinking about duty (because who does that when they aren't on, right?) but clearly there was something deep inside my brain that needed to come out in my dreams!

During the course of the night, I had a dream nightmare that went a little something like this:
I picked up the phone like I normally would when on duty and set it down in one room.  I continued to have a great night.  Frankly, I do not remember what I did next; I could have gone swimming in the ocean, played basketball with a mountain lion or perhaps I wrote up Cheech and Chong for violating a certain policy (I'll let you guess which one).  What I do remember is waking up the next morning in my dream nightmare and finding the phone in the exact same place I had put it the night before.
I had never had the phone with me!  OH CRAP!  Well, maybe it was a slow night and I didn't need to respond to anything.  Wait...WHAT?!?  32 missed calls and 9 voicemails?!  Hmmm...well maybe I'll see what one of the voice messages is. "We are waiting for you in the lobby...WHERE ARE YOU?!?"  CRAP CRAP CRAP!  I am sooooo fired!
It was at that point that I woke up.  I had the feeling that I was going to be fired for sure.  Let's just say that the duty phone is going to be attached to my hip next time I am on.

Have you ever had a duty-related dream like that?  I sure hope your dream had a better ending!  If you have, share it with us!  Comment or send a summary of your dream to thedutybag@gmail.com to see it featured here.  Sleep tight and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment