Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl = Super Duty?

As the largest NFL game of the season wrapped up, I couldn't help but think about all of the RAs/CAs in Wisconsin.  Sure the game might end before quiet hours start but the craziness surely continues not only throughout the night but most likely the entire week!  In fact, the idea of riots began to race through my mind and what I would do in that situation.  That would be a fun call, "um...there is a green and yellow mob coming my way.  What should I do?"  I have not seen studies but my guess is that vandalism and disorderly conduct tends to go up in relevant cities who have great sporting successes or failures.


Luckily I have never been in the situation of being on duty the night of a large sporting event.  Although I was not on-duty last night, there were thousands of RAs/CAs who were.  If anyone had an experience from last night or a similar previous experience, I would love to hear it!  Send it to thedutybag@gmail.com and then I can share it with everyone!


Shout-out to Virginia Tech for being Duty Bag supporters!  I look forward to some VT stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment